- General line of orientation; "the river takes a southern course"; "the northeastern trend of the coast"
- A general direction in which something tends to move; "the shoreward tendency of the current"; "the trend of the stock market"
- Turn sharply; change direction abruptly; "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"
- The popular taste at a given time; "leather is the latest vogue"; "he followed current trends"; "the 1920s had a style of their own"
- A general tendency to change (as of opinion); "not openly liberal but that is the trend of the book"; "a broad movement of the electorate to the right"