Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: ?U??S
- The sister of your father or mother; the wife of your uncle
- Fields of subtle, luminous radiations surrounding a person or object
- A motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
- Mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
- Jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
- A framework for holding wood that is being sawed
- Move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- A gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated; used lengthwise for vaulting
- Resist; "buck the trend"
- United States author whose novels drew on her experiences as a missionary in China (1892-1973)
- To strive with determination; "John is bucking for a promotion"
- A piece of paper money worth one dollar
- Polish and make shiny; "buff the wooden floors"; "buff my shoes"
- An implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
- Strike, beat repeatedly; "The wind buffeted him"
- A medium to dark tan color
- Bare skin; naked; "swimming in the buff"
- An ardent follower and admirer
- A soft thick undyed leather from the skins of e.g. buffalo or oxen
- An inlaid furniture decoration; tortoiseshell and yellow and white metal form scrolls in cabinetwork
- Electric lamp consisting of a transparent or translucent glass housing containing a wire filament (usually tungsten) that emits light when heated by electricity
- A rounded dilation or expansion in a canal or vessel or organ
- Lower or hindmost part of the brain; continuous with spinal cord; (`bulb' is an old term for medulla oblongata); "the medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning"
- A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure
- Anything with a round shape resembling a teardrop
- A rounded part of a cylindrical instrument (usually at one end); "the bulb of a syringe"
- The property possessed by a large mass
- The property of something that is great in magnitude; "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk"; "he received a mass of correspondence"; "the volume of exports"
- Cause to bulge or swell outwards
- The property resulting from being or relating to the greater in number of two parts; the main part; "the majority of his customers prefer it"; "the bulk of the work is finished"
- Stick out or up; "The parcel bulked in the sack"
- A large and strong and heavyset man; "he was a bull of a man"; "a thick-skinned bruiser ready to give as good as he got"
- An investor with an optimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to rise and so buys now for resale later
- Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- A serious and ludicrous blunder; "he made a bad bull of the assignment"
- Advance in price; "stocks were bulling"
- Mature male of various mammals of which the female is called `cow'; e.g. whales or elephants or especially cattle
- Speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths; "The politician was not well prepared for the debate and faked it"
- Uncastrated adult male of domestic cattle
- Try to raise the price of stocks through speculative buying
- Obscene words for unacceptable behavior; "I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk"; "what he said was mostly bull"
- Push or force; "He bulled through his demands"
- Knock against with force or violence; "My car bumped into the tree"
- Remove or force from a position of dwelling previously occupied; "The new employee dislodged her by moving into her office space"
- Dance erotically or dance with the pelvis thrust forward; "bump and grind"
- Come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
- An impact (as from a collision); "the bump threw him off the bicycle"
- Something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
- A lump on the body caused by a blow
- Close with a cork or stopper
- Give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the compensation agreed on; "Remember to tip the waiter"; "fee the steward"
- A plug used to close a hole in a barrel or flask
- A long trough for feeding cattle
- Beds built one above the other
- A message that seems to convey no meaning
- Flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- Unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
- Provide with a bunk; "We bunked the children upstairs"
- Avoid paying; "beat the subway fare"
- A bed on a ship or train; usually in tiers
- A rough bed (as at a campsite)
- Hit a ball in such a way so as to make it go a short distance
- (baseball) the act of hitting a baseball lightly without swinging the bat
- Fungus that destroys kernels of wheat by replacing them with greasy masses of smelly spores
- Similar to Tilletia caries
- Disease of wheat characterized by replacement of the grains with greasy masses of smelly smut spores
- To strike, thrust or shove against; "He butted his sister out of the way"; "The goat butted the hiker with his horns"
- Bright-colored; a float attached by rope to the seabed to mark channels in a harbor or underwater hazards
- Mark with a buoy
- Keep afloat; "The life vest buoyed him up"
- Float on the surface of water
- Colloquial American term for a town; "I've lived in this burg all my life"
- Soft lump or unevenness in a yarn; either an imperfection or created by design
- A large rounded outgrowth on the trunk or branch of a tree
- The wood cut from a tree burl or outgrowth; often used decoratively in veneer
- Remove the burls from cloth
- Shine intensely, as if with heat; "The coals were glowing in the dark"; "The candles were burning"
- Get a sunburn by overexposure to the sun
- Burn with heat, fire, or radiation; "The iron burnt a hole in my dress"
- Burn, sear, or freeze (tissue) using a hot iron or electric current or a caustic agent; "The surgeon cauterized the wart"
- Undergo combustion; "Maple wood burns well"
- Celebrated Scottish poet (1759-1796)
- Cause to undergo combustion; "burn garbage"; "The car burns only Diesel oil"
- United States comedian and film actor (1896-1996)
- Destroy by fire; "They burned the house and his diaries"
- Use up (energy); "burn off calories through vigorous exercise"
- Damage inflicted by fire
- Create by duplicating data; "cut a disk"; "burn a CD"
- A place or area that has been burned (especially on a person's body)
- Feel strong emotion, especially anger or passion; "She was b
- Expel gas from the stomach; "In China it is polite to burp at the table"
- A reflex that expels gas noisily from the stomach through the mouth
- Small bit used in dentistry or surgery
- Rough projection left on a workpiece after drilling or cutting
- Rotary file for smoothing rough edges left on a workpiece
- United States politician who served as vice president under Jefferson; he mortally wounded his political rival Alexander Hamilton in a duel and fled south (1756-1836)
- Seed vessel having hooks or prickles
- Accent / lilt
- Remove used dishes from the table in restaurants
- Ride in a bus
- Send or move around by bus; "The children were bussed to school"
- Play music in a public place and solicit money for it; "three young men were busking in the plaza"
LOAD MORE RESULTS