- (a.) Of or pertaining to the throat or neck; as, the jugular vein.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the jugular vein; as, the jugular foramen.
- (a.) Having the ventral fins beneath the throat; -- said of certain fishes.
- (a.) One of the large veins which return the blood from the head to the heart through two chief trunks, an external and an internal, on each side of the neck; -- called also the jugular vein.
- (a.) Any fish which has the ventral fins situated forward of the pectoral fins, or beneath the throat; one of a division of fishes (Jugulares).