- Dismiss from the mind; stop remembering; "I tried to bury these unpleasant memories"
- Place in the earth and cover with soil; "They buried the stolen goods"
- Embed deeply; "She sank her fingers into the soft sand"; "He buried his head in her lap"
- Enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing; "The huge waves swallowed the small boat and it sank shortly thereafter"
- Cover from sight; "Afghani women buried under their burkas"
- Place in a grave or tomb; "Stalin was buried behind the Kremlin wall on Red Square"; "The pharaohs were entombed in the pyramids"; "My grandfather was laid to rest last Sunday"