- Add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
- Extend in one or more directions; "The dough expands"
- Become larger in size or volume or quantity; "his business expanded rapidly"
- Exaggerate or make bigger; "The charges were inflated"
- Grow vigorously; "The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
- Expand the influence of; "The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent"
- Make bigger or wider in size, volume, or quantity; "expand the house by adding another wing"