Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: A??M???
- (n.) A stone imagined by some to be of impenetrable hardness; a name given to the diamond and other substances of extreme hardness; but in modern mineralogy it has no technical signification. It is now a rhetorical or poetical name for the embodiment of impenetrable hardness.
- (n.) Lodestone; magnet.
- (n.) A descendant of Adam; a human being.
- (n.) One of a sect of visionaries, who, professing to imitate the state of Adam, discarded the use of dress in their assemblies.
- (a.) Nearest the stern.
- An asexual reproductive cell
- (n.) An unmarried person; also, one opposed to marriage.
- (a.) Having no visible sexual organs; asexual.
- (a.) cryptogamous.
- (n.) Indisposition; morbid affection of the body; -- not applied ordinarily to acute diseases.
- Letters and packages that are transported by aircraft
- Send or transport by airmail; "Letters to Europe from the U.S. are best airmailed"
- A system of conveying mail by aircraft
- (noun) in Spain and Spanish-speaking regions: a public walkway or promenade shaded with trees.
- (n.) The lowest note but one in Guido Aretino's scale of music.
- (adv. & a.) According to the fashion or prevailing mode.
- (n.) A thin, black silk for hoods, scarfs, etc.; -- often called simply mode.
- (a.) To the death; mortally.
- (n.) An apparatus formerly used in distillation, usually made of glass or metal. It has mostly given place to the retort and worm still.
- (n.) That which nourishes; food; nutriment; anything which feeds or adds to a substance in natural growth. Hence: The necessaries of life generally: sustenance; means of support.
- (n.) An allowance for maintenance.
- (v. t.) To nourish; to support.
- (v. t.) To provide for the maintenance of.
- (n.) Maintenance; means of living.
- (n.) An allowance made to a wife out of her husband's estate or income for her support, upon her divorce or legal separation from him, or during a suit for the same.
- (n.) One of the earths, consisting of two parts of aluminium and three of oxygen, Al2O3.
- (n.) Alumina.
- (a.) Somewhat like alum.
- (pl.) of Alumna
- (n.) A pupil; especially, a graduate of a college or other seminary of learning.
LOAD MORE RESULTS