Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: A??O?T
- A unit of potential equal to one-hundred-millionth of a volt
- (n.) Address; greeting.
- (v. i.) To adjoin; to lie alongside.
- (v. t.) To join side to side; to border; hence, to sail along the coast or side of.
- (v. t.) To approach; to make up to.
- (v. t.) To speak to first; to address; to greet.
- (v. t.) To exhort; to advise.
- (a.) Dexterous in the use of the hands or in the exercise of the mental faculties; exhibiting skill and readiness in avoiding danger or escaping difficulty; ready in invention or execution; -- applied to persons and to acts; as, an adroit mechanic, an adroit reply.
- (adv. & a.) Borne on the water; floating; on board ship.
- (adv. & a.) Moving; passing from place to place; in general circulation; as, a rumor is afloat.
- (adv. & a.) Unfixed; moving without guide or control; adrift; as, our affairs are all afloat.
- (adv.) In front; face to face.
- (prep.) In front of.
- United States novelist noted for children's books (1832-1888)
- (adv.) Nearly; well nigh; all but; for the greatest part.
- (v. i.) To agree; to be in accordance; to be adapted; to suit; to fall into a class or place.
- (v. t.) To separate and distribute into classes, as things of a like kind, nature, or quality, or which are suited to a like purpose; to classify; as, to assort goods. [Rarely applied to persons.]
- (v. t.) To furnish with, or make up of, various sorts or a variety of goods; as, to assort a cargo.