Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: A?AI?
- (adv.) In return, back; as, bring us word again.
- (adv.) Another time; once more; anew.
- (adv.) Once repeated; -- of quantity; as, as large again, half as much again.
- (adv.) In any other place.
- (adv.) On the other hand.
- (adv.) Moreover; besides; further.
- (prep.) Alt. of Agains
- (n.) With might; with full force; vigorously; violently; exceedingly.
- (n.) At full speed; in great haste; also, at once.
- (v. i.) To lower the topsail, in token of surrender; to yield.
- (v. t.) To lower, as a sail, a yard, etc.
- (a.) Paid; pleased.
- (v. t. & i.) To impair or become impaired; to injure.
- (n.) Profit; advantage toward success; benefit; value; as, labor, without economy, is of little avail.
- (n.) Proceeds; as, the avails of a sale by auction.
- (v. i.) To be of use or advantage; to answer the purpose; to have strength, force, or efficacy sufficient to accomplish the object; as, the plea in bar must avail, that is, be sufficient to defeat the suit; this scheme will not avail; medicines will not avail to check the disease.
- (v. t.) To turn to the advantage of; to be of service to; to profit; to benefit; to help; as, artifices will not avail the sinner in the day of judgment.
- (v. t.) To promote; to assist.
- (v. t. & i.) See Avale, v.
- (n.) A waiting for; ambush; watch; watching; heed.
- (v. i.) To watch.
- (v. i.) To wait (on or upon).
- (v. i.) To wait; to stay in waiting.
- (v. t.) To watch for; to look out for.
- (v. t.) To wait on, serve, or attend.
- (v. t.) To wait for; to stay for; to expect. See Expect.
- (v. t.) To be in store for; to be ready or in waiting for; as, a glorious reward awaits the good.