Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: A?E
- (n.) A unit; a single point or spot on a card or die; the card or die so marked; as, the ace of diamonds.
- (n.) Hence: A very small quantity or degree; a particle; an atom; a jot.
- (n.) The whole duration of a being, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind; lifetime.
- (n.) That part of the duration of a being or a thing which is between its beginning and any given time; as, what is the present age of a man, or of the earth?
- (n.) The latter part of life; an advanced period of life; seniority; state of being old.
- (n.) One of the stages of life; as, the age of infancy, of youth, etc.
- (n.) Mature age; especially, the time of life at which one attains full personal rights and capacities; as, to come of age; he (or she) is of age.
- (n.) The time of life at which some particular power or capacity is understood to become vested; as, the age of consent; the age of discretion.
- (n.) A particular period of time in history, as distinguished from others; as, the golden age, the age of Pericles.
- (n.) A great period in the history of the Earth.
- (n.) A century; the period of one hundred years.
- (n.) The people who live at a particular period; hence, a generation.
- (n.) A long time.
- (v. i.) To grow aged; to become old; to show marks of age; as, he grew fat as he aged.
- (v. t.) To cause to grow old; to impart the characteristics of age to; as, grief ages us.
- (n. & v.) See Ache.
- (n.) An intoxicating liquor made from an infusion of malt by fermentation and the addition of a bitter, usually hops.
- (n.) A festival in English country places, so called from the liquor drunk.
- Used of a single unit or thing; not two or more; "`ane' is Scottish"
- (n.) A quadrumanous mammal, esp. of the family Simiadae, having teeth of the same number and form as in man, and possessing neither a tail nor cheek pouches. The name is applied esp. to species of the genus Hylobates, and is sometimes used as a general term for all Quadrumana. The higher forms, the gorilla, chimpanzee, and ourang, are often called anthropoid apes or man apes.
- (n.) One who imitates servilely (in allusion to the manners of the ape); a mimic.
- (n.) A dupe.
- (v. t.) To mimic, as an ape imitates human actions; to imitate or follow servilely or irrationally.
- The present indicative plural of the substantive verb to be; but etymologically a different word from be, or was. Am, art, are, and is, all come from the root as.
- (n.) The unit of superficial measure, being a square of which each side is ten meters in length; 100 square meters, or about 119.6 square yards.
- The preterit of Eat.
- (imp.) of Eat
- (n.) The goddess of mischievous folly; also, in later poets, the goddess of vengeance.
- (n.) An ave Maria.
- (n.) A reverential salutation.
- (n.) Dread; great fear mingled with respect.
- (n.) The emotion inspired by something dreadful and sublime; an undefined sense of the dreadful and the sublime; reverential fear, or solemn wonder; profound reverence.
- (v. t.) To strike with fear and reverence; to inspire with awe; to control by inspiring dread.
- Alt. of Axeman
- (n.) A tool or instrument of steel, or of iron with a steel edge or blade, for felling trees, chopping and splitting wood, hewing timber, etc. It is wielded by a wooden helve or handle, so fixed in a socket or eye as to be in the same plane with the blade. The broadax, or carpenter's ax, is an ax for hewing timber, made heavier than the chopping ax, and with a broader and thinner blade and a shorter handle.
- (adv.) Alt. of Ay
- (n.) An affirmative vote; one who votes in the affirmative; as, "To call for the ayes and noes;" "The ayes have it."