- (v. i.) To ordain; to determine; to arrange.
- (v. t.) To fix with power or firmness; to establish; to mark out.
- (v. t.) To fix by a decree, order, command, resolve, decision, or mutual agreement; to constitute; to ordain; to prescribe; to fix the time and place of.
- (v. t.) To assign, designate, or set apart by authority.
- (v. t.) To furnish in all points; to provide with everything necessary by way of equipment; to equip; to fit out.
- (v. t.) To point at by way, or for the purpose, of censure or commendation; to arraign.
- (v. t.) To direct, designate, or limit; to make or direct a new disposition of, by virtue of a power contained in a conveyance; -- said of an estate already conveyed.