Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: A?T?
- A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex
- Be suitable for theatrical performance; "This scene acts well"
- A New Testament book describing the development of the early church from Christ's Ascension to Paul's sojourn at Rome
- Behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
- Pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind; "He acted the idiot"; "She plays deaf when the news are bad"
- Discharge one's duties; "She acts as the chair"; "In what capacity are you acting?"
- Play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husband's master"
- Perform on a stage or theater; "She acts in this play"; "He acted in `Julius Caesar'"; "I played in `A Christmas Carol'"
- Something that people do or cause to
- (n.) Formerly the part sung by the highest male, or counter-tenor, voices; now the part sung by the lowest female, or contralto, voices, between in tenor and soprano. In instrumental music it now signifies the tenor.
- (n.) An alto singer.
- (n.) A species of pier produced by thickening a wall at its termination, treated architecturally as a pilaster, with capital and base.
- (n.) Each player's stake, which is put into the pool before (ante) the game begins.
- (v. t. & i.) To put up (an ante).
- A prefix meaning against, opposite or opposed to, contrary, or in place of; -- used in composition in many English words. It is often shortened to ant-; as, antacid, antarctic.
- Social insect living in organized colonies; characteristically the males and fertile queen have wings during breeding season; wingless sterile females are the workers
- The creation of beautiful or significant things;
- The products of human creativity; works of art collectively;
- A superior skill that you can learn by study and practice and observation;
- Photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication;
- Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills); "the college of arts and sciences"
- Showily imitative of art or artists
- An Italian white wine.
- At the.
- A motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"