- (n.) That which is affixed; an appendage; esp. one or more letters or syllables added at the end of a word; a suffix; a postfix.
- (v. t.) To subjoin, annex, or add at the close or end; to append to; to fix to any part of; as, to affix a syllable to a word; to affix a seal to an instrument; to affix one's name to a writing.
- (v. t.) To fix or fasten in any way; to attach physically.
- (v. t.) To attach, unite, or connect with; as, names affixed to ideas, or ideas affixed to things; to affix a stigma to a person; to affix ridicule or blame to any one.
- (v. t.) To fix or fasten figuratively; -- with on or upon; as, eyes affixed upon the ground.