Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: ALT?????
- (n.) The offerings made upon the altar, or to a church.
- (n.) The profit which accrues to the priest, by reason of the altar, from the small tithes.
- (n.) A chaplain.
- (n.) A vicar of a church.
- (a.) Altering; gradually changing.
- (n.) An alterative.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Alter
- (n.) The state or quality of being other; a being otherwise.
- (n.) Asparagine.
- (conj.) Grant all this; be it that; supposing that; notwithstanding; though.
- (n.) See Tincal.
- (n.) Space extended upward; height; the perpendicular elevation of an object above its foundation, above the ground, or above a given level, or of one object above another; as, the altitude of a mountain, or of a bird above the top of a tree.
- (n.) The elevation of a point, or star, or other celestial object, above the horizon, measured by the arc of a vertical circle intercepted between such point and the horizon. It is either true or apparent; true when measured from the rational or real horizon, apparent when from the sensible or apparent horizon.
- (n.) The perpendicular distance from the base of a figure to the summit, or to the side parallel to the base; as, the altitude of a triangle, pyramid, parallelogram, frustum, etc.
- (n.) Height of degree; highest point or degree.
- (n.) Height of rank or excellence; superiority.
- (n.) Elevation of spirits; heroics; haughty airs.
- (a.) Like the articles.
- (n. pl.) Nursers, -- a term applied to those birds whose young are hatched in a very immature and helpless condition, so as to require the care of their parents for some time; -- opposed to praecoces.
- (n.) Regard for others, both natural and moral; devotion to the interests of others; brotherly kindness; -- opposed to egoism or selfishness.
- (n.) One imbued with altruism; -- opposed to egoist.