- (a.) Consisting of amber; made of amber.
- (a.) Resembling amber, especially in color; amber-colored.
- (n.) A yellowish translucent resin resembling copal, found as a fossil in alluvial soils, with beds of lignite, or on the seashore in many places. It takes a fine polish, and is used for pipe mouthpieces, beads, etc., and as a basis for a fine varnish. By friction, it becomes strongly electric.
- (n.) Amber color, or anything amber-colored; a clear light yellow; as, the amber of the sky.
- (n.) Ambergris.
- (n.) The balsam, liquidambar.
- (v. t.) To scent or flavor with ambergris; as, ambered wine.
- (v. t.) To preserve in amber; as, an ambered fly.