Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: AN??????
- (n.) A journey or expedition up from the coast, like that of the younger Cyrus into Central Asia, described by Xenophon in his work called "The Anabasis."
- (n.) The first period, or increase, of a disease; augmentation.
- (a.) Pertaining to anabasis; as, an anabatic fever.
- (a.) Pertaining to anabolism; an anabolic changes, or processes, more or less constructive in their nature.
- (n.) A large South American snake of the Boa family (Eunectes murinus), which lives near rivers, and preys on birds and small mammals. The name is also applied to a similar large serpent (Python tigris) of Ceylon.
- Greek lyrical poet c.6th century BC best known for his celebrations of love and wine.
- An organism (especially a bacterium) that does not require air or free oxygen to live
- (n.) Any sculptured, chased, or embossed ornament worked in low relief, as a cameo.
- A mystical or allegorical interpretation (especially of Scripture)
- (a.) Alt. of Anagogical
- A word or phrase spelled by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase
- Read letters out of order to discover a hidden meaning
- A game whose object is to form words from a group of randomly chosen letters
- (n.) An inventory; a record.
- (n.) A white or flesh-red mineral, of the zeolite family, occurring in isometric crystals. By friction, it acquires a weak electricity; hence its name.
- (n.) Analcime.
- (n. pl.) A collection of literary fragments.
- (n. pl.) Alt. of Analecta
- (n.) An orthographic projection of the sphere on the plane of the meridian, the eye being supposed at an infinite distance, and in the east or west point of the horizon.
- (n.) An instrument of wood or brass, on which this projection of the sphere is made, having a movable horizon or cursor; -- formerly much used in solving some common astronomical problems.
- (n.) A scale of the sun's declination for each day of the year, drawn across the torrid zone on an artificial terrestrial globe.
- Recovery of strength after sickness.
- A species of epileptic attack, originating from gastric disorder.
- (a.) Analogous.
- (a.) Of or belonging to analogy.
- (n.) Analogue.
- (n.) That which is analogous to, or corresponds with, some other thing.
- (n.) A word in one language corresponding with one in another; an analogous term; as, the Latin "pater" is the analogue of the English "father."
- (n.) An organ which is equivalent in its functions to a different organ in another species or group, or even in the same group; as, the gill of a fish is the analogue of a lung in a quadruped, although the two are not of like structural relations.
- (n.) A species in one genus or group having its characters parallel, one by one, with those of another group.
- (n.) A species or genus in one country closely related to a species of the same genus, or a genus of the same group, in another: such species are often called representative species, and such genera, representative genera.
- Make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features; "analyze a specimen"; "analyze a sentence"; "analyze a chemical compound"
- Consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"
- Break down into components or essential features; "analyze today's financial market"
- Subject to psychoanalytic treatment; "I was analyzed in Vienna by a famous psychiatrist"
- (n.) Same as Analyze, Analyzer, etc.
- (pl.) of Analysis
LOAD MORE RESULTS