Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: AW???
- (n.) A waiting for; ambush; watch; watching; heed.
- (v. i.) To watch.
- (v. i.) To wait (on or upon).
- (v. i.) To wait; to stay in waiting.
- (v. t.) To watch for; to look out for.
- (v. t.) To wait on, serve, or attend.
- (v. t.) To wait for; to stay for; to expect. See Expect.
- (v. t.) To be in store for; to be ready or in waiting for; as, a glorious reward awaits the good.
- (a.) Not sleeping or lethargic; roused from sleep; in a state of vigilance or action.
- (v. i.) To cease to sleep; to come out of a state of natural sleep; and, figuratively, out of a state resembling sleep, as inaction or death.
- (v. t.) To rouse from sleep; to wake; to awaken.
- (v. t.) To rouse from a state resembling sleep, as from death, stupidity., or inaction; to put into action; to give new life to; to stir up; as, to awake the dead; to awake the dormant faculties.
- (v. i.) To determine; to make an award.
- (v. t.) To give by sentence or judicial determination; to assign or apportion, after careful regard to the nature of the case; to adjudge; as, the arbitrators awarded damages to the complainant.
- (v. t.) A judgment, sentence, or final decision. Specifically: The decision of arbitrators in a case submitted.
- (v. t.) The paper containing the decision of arbitrators; that which is warded.
- (a.) Watchful; vigilant or on one's guard against danger or difficulty.
- (a.) Apprised; informed; cognizant; conscious; as, he was aware of the enemy's designs.
- (v. t.) To warn.
- (a.) Washed by the waves or tide; -- said of a rock or strip of shore, or (Naut.) of an anchor, etc., when flush with the surface of the water, so that the waves break over it.
- (a.) Oppressing with fear or horror; appalling; terrible; as, an awful scene.
- (a.) Inspiring awe; filling with profound reverence, or with fear and admiration; fitted to inspire reverential fear; profoundly impressive.
- (a.) Struck or filled with awe; terror-stricken.
- (a.) Worshipful; reverential; law-abiding.
- (a.) Frightful; exceedingly bad; great; -- applied intensively; as, an awful bonnet; an awful boaster.
- (adv.) On the wing; flying; fluttering.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Awe
- (adv.) In an unlucky (left-handed) or perverse manner.
- (adv.) Awkwardly.
- (a.) Furnished with an awn, or long bristle-shaped tip; bearded.
- (imp.) of Awake
- (adv.) At work; in action.