- (n.) A swelling on the skin; a large ulcerous affection; a boil; an eruptive disease.
- (n.) A patch put on, or a part of a garment patched or mended in a clumsy manner.
- (n.) Work done in a bungling manner; a clumsy performance; a piece of work, or a place in work, marred in the doing, or not properly finished; a bungle.
- (n.) To mark with, or as with, botches.
- (n.) To repair; to mend; esp. to patch in a clumsy or imperfect manner, as a garment; -- sometimes with up.
- (n.) To put together unsuitably or unskillfully; to express or perform in a bungling manner; to spoil or mar, as by unskillful work.