- (v. t.) To pronounce to be wrong; to disapprove of; to censure.
- (v. t.) To declare the guilt of; to make manifest the faults or unworthiness of; to convict of guilt.
- (v. t.) To pronounce a judicial sentence against; to sentence to punishment, suffering, or loss; to doom; -- with to before the penalty.
- (v. t.) To amerce or fine; -- with in before the penalty.
- (v. t.) To adjudge or pronounce to be unfit for use or service; to adjudge or pronounce to be forfeited; as, the ship and her cargo were condemned.
- (v. t.) To doom to be taken for public use, under the right of eminent domain.