Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: C??O?I?
- (a.) Of or pertaining to caloric.
- (n.) The principle of heat, or the agent to which the phenomena of heat and combustion were formerly ascribed; -- not now used in scientific nomenclature, but sometimes used as a general term for heat.
- (n.) The unit of heat according to the French standard; the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one kilogram (sometimes, one gram) of water one degree centigrade, or from 0¡ to 1¡. Compare the English standard unit, Foot pound.
- (a.) Alt. of Cannonical
- (n.) A former gold coin of Germany worth nearly five dollars; also, a gold coin of Sweden worth nearly five dollars.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to stupor; as, a carotic state.
- (a.) Carotid; as, the carotic arteries.
- (a.) Alt. of Carotidal
- (n.) One of the two main arteries of the neck, by which blood is conveyed from the aorta to the head. [See Illust. of Aorta.]
- (n.) A red crystallizable tasteless substance, extracted from the carrot.
- (n.) A waxy substance obtained from the bark of the sugar cane, and crystallizing in delicate white laminae.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or derived from, beeswax or Chinese wax; as, cerotic acid or alcohol.
- (n.) A white crystalline substance, C27H55.OH, obtained from Chinese wax, and regarded as an alcohol of the marsh gas series; -- called also cerotic alcohol, ceryl alcohol.
- (a.) Resembling chaos; confused.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or obtained from, chlorine; -- said of those compounds of chlorine in which this element has a valence of five, or the next to its highest; as, chloric acid, HClO3.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or obtained from, chromium; -- said of the compounds of chromium in which it has its higher valence.
- (n.) One of the Chromidae, a family of fresh-water fishes abundant in the tropical parts of America and Africa. Some are valuable food fishes, as the bulti of the Nile.
- (a.) Relating to time; according to time.
- (a.) Continuing for a long time; lingering; habitual.
- (pl.) of Ciborium
- (n.) A whitish marble, from Rome, containiing pale greenish zones. It consists of calcium carbonate, with zones and cloudings of talc.
- A water enema given to flush out the colon
- Of or relating to the colon
- (n.) In Greek grammar, a sign ['] sometimes placed over a contracted syllable.
- (n.) The curved line or flourish at the end of a book or chapter; hence, the end.
- (n.) The coloring matter of the blood in the living animal; haemoglobin.
- Of or relating to cryonics
- (n.) A peculiar mucilaginous substance extracted from the seeds of the quince (Cydonia vulgaris), and regarded as a variety of amylose.