Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: C?A?EL
- (n.) A subordinate place of worship
- (n.) a small church, often a private foundation, as for a memorial
- (n.) a small building attached to a church
- (n.) a room or recess in a church, containing an altar.
- (n.) A place of worship not connected with a church; as, the chapel of a palace, hospital, or prison.
- (n.) In England, a place of worship used by dissenters from the Established Church; a meetinghouse.
- (n.) A choir of singers, or an orchestra, attached to the court of a prince or nobleman.
- (n.) A printing office, said to be so called because printing was first carried on in England in a chapel near Westminster Abbey.
- (n.) An association of workmen in a printing office.
- (v. t.) To deposit or inter in a chapel; to enshrine.
- (v. t.) To cause (a ship taken aback in a light breeze) so to turn or make a circuit as to recover, without bracing the yards, the same tack on which she had been sailing.
- (n.) See Clevis.