Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: C?M?
- Imp. of Come.
- (imp.) of Come
- (n.) A slender rod of cast lead, with or without grooves, used, in casements and stained-glass windows, to hold together the panes or pieces of glass.
- (n.) The ground or spot on which tents, huts, etc., are erected for shelter, as for an army or for lumbermen, etc.
- (n.) A collection of tents, huts, etc., for shelter, commonly arranged in an orderly manner.
- (n.) A single hut or shelter; as, a hunter's camp.
- (n.) The company or body of persons encamped, as of soldiers, of surveyors, of lumbermen, etc.
- (n.) A mound of earth in which potatoes and other vegetables are stored for protection against frost; -- called also burrow and pie.
- (n.) An ancient game of football, played in some parts of England.
- (n.) To play the game called camp.
- (v. i.) To pitch or prepare a camp; to encamp; to lodge in a camp; -- often with out.
- (v. t.) To afford rest or lodging for, as an army or travelers.
- A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion
- A river in east central England that flows past Cambridge to join the Ouse River
- Computer aided manufacturing
- (n.) A kind of molding. See Cyma.
- (n.) A state of profound insensibility from which it is difficult or impossible to rouse a person. See Carus.
- (n.) The envelope of a comet; a nebulous covering, which surrounds the nucleus or body of a comet.
- (n.) A tuft or bunch, -- as the assemblage of branches forming the head of a tree; or a cluster of bracts when empty and terminating the inflorescence of a plant; or a tuft of long hairs on certain seeds.
- (n.) An instrument with teeth, for straightening, cleansing, and adjusting the hair, or for keeping it in place.
- (n.) An instrument for currying hairy animals, or cleansing and smoothing their coats; a currycomb.
- (n.) A toothed instrument used for separating and cleansing wool, flax, hair, etc.
- (n.) The serrated vibratory doffing knife of a carding machine.
- (n.) A former, commonly cone-shaped, used in hat manufacturing for hardening the soft fiber into a bat.
- (n.) A tool with teeth, used for chasing screws on work in a lathe; a chaser.
- (n.) The notched scale of a wire micrometer.
- (n.) The collector of an electrical machine, usually resembling a comb.
- (n.) The naked fleshy crest or caruncle on the upper part of the bill or hood of a cock or other bird. It is usually red.
- (n.) One of a pair of peculiar organs on the base of the abdomen of scorpions.
- (n.) The curling crest of a wave.
- (n.) The waxen framework forming the walls of the cells in which bees store their honey, eggs, etc.; honeycomb.
- (n.) The thumbpiece of the hammer of a gunlock, by which it may be cocked.
- (n.) To roll over, as the top or crest of a wave; to break with a white foam, as waves.
- (n.) Alt. of Combe
- (n.) A dry measure. See Coomb.
- (v. t.) To disentangle, cleanse, or adjust, with a comb; to lay smooth and straight with, or as with, a comb; as, to comb hair or wool. See under Combing.
- (n.) To move hitherward; to draw near; to approach the speaker, or some place or person indicated; -- opposed to go.
- (n.) To complete a movement toward a place; to arrive.
- (n.) To approach or arrive, as if by a journey or from a distance.
- (n.) To approach or arrive, as the result of a cause, or of the act of another.
- (n.) To arrive in sight; to be manifest; to appear.
- (n.) To get to be, as the result of change or progress; -- with a predicate; as, to come untied.
- (n.) Coming.
- (p. p.) of Come
- (v. t.) To carry through; to succeed in; as, you can't come any tricks here.
- An intensive examination testing a student's proficiency in some special field of knowledge; "she took her comps in English literature"
- A steep-walled semicircular basin in a mountain; may contain a lake
- (n.) A member or molding of the cornice, the profile of which is wavelike in form.
- (n.) A cyme. See Cyme.
- (n.) A flattish or convex flower cluster, of the centrifugal or determinate type, differing from a corymb chiefly in the order of the opening of the blossoms.