- (a.) Having the condition or qualities of a citizen, or of citizens; as, a citizen soldiery.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the inhabitants of a city; characteristic of citizens; effeminate; luxurious.
- (n.) One who enjoys the freedom and privileges of a city; a freeman of a city, as distinguished from a foreigner, or one not entitled to its franchises.
- (n.) An inhabitant of a city; a townsman.
- (n.) A person, native or naturalized, of either sex, who owes allegiance to a government, and is entitled to reciprocal protection from it.
- (n.) One who is domiciled in a country, and who is a citizen, though neither native nor naturalized, in such a sense that he takes his legal status from such country.