Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: CON??Y
- (v. i.) To play the thief; to steal.
- (v. t.) To carry from one place to another; to bear or transport.
- (v. t.) To cause to pass from one place or person to another; to serve as a medium in carrying (anything) from one place or person to another; to transmit; as, air conveys sound; words convey ideas.
- (v. t.) To transfer or deliver to another; to make over, as property; more strictly (Law), to transfer (real estate) or pass (a title to real estate) by a sealed writing.
- (v. t.) To impart or communicate; as, to convey an impression; to convey information.
- (v. t.) To manage with privacy; to carry out.
- (v. t.) To carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve.
- (v. t.) To accompany; to convoy.
- (n.) The act of attending for defense; the state of being so attended; protection; escort.
- (n.) A vessel or fleet, or a train or trains of wagons, employed in the transportation of munitions of war, money, subsistence, clothing, etc., and having an armed escort.
- (n.) A protection force accompanying ships, etc., on their way from place to place, by sea or land; an escort, for protection or guidance.
- (n.) Conveyance; means of transportation.
- (n.) A drag or brake applied to the wheels of a carriage, to check their velocity in going down a hill.
- (v. t.) To accompany for protection, either by sea or land; to attend for protection; to escort; as, a frigate convoys a merchantman.