Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: D?A?N
- (a.) Secret; lonely; solitary; dreadful.
- (v. t.) Same as Darn.
- (n.) The act of draining, or of drawing off; gradual and continuous outflow or withdrawal; as, the drain of specie from a country.
- (n.) That means of which anything is drained; a channel; a trench; a water course; a sewer; a sink.
- (n.) The grain from the mashing tub; as, brewers' drains.
- (v. i.) To flow gradually; as, the water of low ground drains off.
- (v. i.) To become emptied of liquor by flowing or dropping; as, let the vessel stand and drain.
- (v. t.) To draw off by degrees; to cause to flow gradually out or off; hence, to cause the exhaustion of.
- (v. t.) To exhaust of liquid contents by drawing them off; to make gradually dry or empty; to remove surface water, as from streets, by gutters, etc.; to deprive of moisture; hence, to exhaust; to empty of wealth, resources, or the like; as, to drain a country of its specie.
- (v. t.) To filter.
- (p. p.) of Draw
- (p. p. & a.) See Draw, v. t. & i.