- A fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe); "I have this pipe dream about being emperor of the universe"
- A state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality; "he went about his work as if in a dream"
- Have a daydream; indulge in a fantasy
- A series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep; "I had a dream about you last night"
- Experience while sleeping; "She claims to never dream"; "He dreamt a strange scene"
- Imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake; "he lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality"
- A cherished desire; "his ambition is to own his own business"
- Someone or something wonderful; "this dessert is a dream"