Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: D?L?????E
- (n.) The act of dallying, trifling, or fondling; interchange of caresses; wanton play.
- (n.) Delay or procrastination.
- (n.) Entertaining discourse.
- (v. t.) To delight; to charm.
- (n.) Pottery made at the city of Delft in Holland; hence:
- (n.) Earthenware made in imitation of the above; any glazed earthenware made for table use, and the like.
- (v. t.) To strip off the bark; to peel.
- (v. t.) To delight one's self; to indulge in feasting; to revel.
- (a.) Delineated; portrayed.
- (v. t.) To indicate by lines drawn in the form or figure of; to represent by sketch, design, or diagram; to sketch out; to portray; to picture; in drawing and engraving, to represent in lines, as with the pen, pencil, or graver; hence, to represent with accuracy and minuteness. See Delineation.
- (v. t.) To portray to the mind or understanding by words; to set forth; to describe.
- (v. i.) To melt or be dissolved; to deliquesce.
- (v. t.) To cause to melt away; to dissolve; to consume; to waste.
- (a.) Delightful; delectable.
- (a.) Capable of being deluded; liable to be imposed on; gullible.
- (v. t.) To rend in pieces; to tear.
- (a.) Capable of expansion; that may be dilated; -- opposed to contractible; as, the lungs are dilatable by the force of air; air is dilatable by heat.
- (n.) The quality of being diligent; carefulness; careful attention; -- the opposite of negligence.
- (n.) Interested and persevering application; devoted and painstaking effort to accomplish what is undertaken; assiduity in service.
- (n.) Process by which persons, lands, or effects are seized for debt; process for enforcing the attendance of witnesses or the production of writings.
- (n.) A four-wheeled public stagecoach, used in France.
- (v. i.) To run as a flood.
- (n.) A species of sunfish (Lepomis pallidus), common in the United States; -- called also blue sunfish, and copper-nosed bream.
- A small model of a house used as a toy by children
- A house so small that it is likened to a child's plaything
- (n.) Sweetness.
- (v. t.) To sweeten; to make less acrimonious.