- (a.) Pertaining to, or originating at, the city of Damascus; resembling the products or manufactures of Damascus.
- (a.) Having the color of the damask rose.
- (n.) Damask silk; silk woven with an elaborate pattern of flowers and the like.
- (n.) Linen so woven that a pattern in produced by the different directions of the thread, without contrast of color.
- (n.) A heavy woolen or worsted stuff with a pattern woven in the same way as the linen damask; -- made for furniture covering and hangings.
- (n.) Damask or Damascus steel; also, the peculiar markings or "water" of such steel.
- (n.) A deep pink or rose color.
- (v. t.) To decorate in a way peculiar to Damascus or attributed to Damascus; particularly: (a) with flowers and rich designs, as silk; (b) with inlaid lines of gold, etc., or with a peculiar marking or "water," as metal. See Damaskeen.