Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: DE??E
- Variant of Dere, v. t. & n.
- (v. t.) To stun or stupefy with noise; to deafen.
- United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886)
- English writer remembered particularly for his novel about Robinson Crusoe (1660-1731)
- Make or become free of frost or ice; "Defrost the car window"
- (n.) See Deckle.
- (v. i.) To dig or labor with a spade, or as with a spade; to labor as a drudge.
- (v. t.) To dig; to open (the ground) as with a spade.
- (v. t.) To dig into; to penetrate; to trace out; to fathom.
- (v. t.) A place dug; a pit; a ditch; a den; a cave.
- (a.) Having the constituent parts massed or crowded together; close; compact; thick; containing much matter in a small space; heavy; opaque; as, a dense crowd; a dense forest; a dense fog.
- (a.) Stupid; gross; crass; as, dense ignorance.
- (a.) To hide; to skulk.
- (a.) Dearer.
- (n.) Debt.
- (n.) Two; a card or a die with two spots; as, the deuce of hearts.
- (n.) A condition of the score beginning whenever each side has won three strokes in the same game (also reckoned "40 all"), and reverted to as often as a tie is made until one of the sides secures two successive strokes following a tie or deuce, which decides the game.
- (n.) The devil; a demon.
- (a.) Alt. of Deused