- True confidential information; "after the trial he gave us the real details"
- Assign to a specific task; "The ambulances were detailed to the fire station"
- Provide details for
- An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole; "several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
- Extended treatment of particulars; "the essay contained too much detail"
- A crew of workers selected for a particular task; "a detail was sent to remove the fallen trees"
- A temporary military unit; "the peacekeeping force includes one British contingent"
- A small part that can be considered separately from the whole; "it was perfect in all details"