- A general course along which something has a tendency to develop; "I couldn't follow the direction of his thoughts"; "his ideals determined the direction of his career"; "they proposed a new direction for the firm"
- Something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
- A message describing how something is to be done; "he gave directions faster than she could follow them"
- A formal statement of a command or injunction to do something; "the judge's charge to the jury"
- A line leading to a place or point; "he looked the other direction"; "didn't know the way home"
- The spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves; "he checked the direction and velocity of the wind"
- The act of setting and holding a course; "a new council was installed under the direction of the king"
- The act of managing something; "he was given overall management of the program"; "is the directi