Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: DUM?
- (a.) Destitute of the power of speech; unable; to utter articulate sounds; as, the dumb brutes.
- (a.) Not willing to speak; mute; silent; not speaking; not accompanied by words; as, dumb show.
- (a.) Lacking brightness or clearness, as a color.
- (v. t.) To put to silence.
- (n.) A thick, ill-shapen piece; a clumsy leaden counter used by boys in playing chuck farthing.
- (n.) A car or boat for dumping refuse, etc.
- (n.) A ground or place for dumping ashes, refuse, etc.
- (n.) That which is dumped.
- (n.) A pile of ore or rock.
- (v. t.) A dull, gloomy state of the mind; sadness; melancholy; low spirits; despondency; ill humor; -- now used only in the plural.
- (v. t.) Absence of mind; revery.
- (v. t.) A melancholy strain or tune in music; any tune.
- (v. t.) An old kind of dance.
- (v. t.) To knock heavily; to stump.
- (v. t.) To put or throw down with more or less of violence; hence, to unload from a cart by tilting it; as, to dump sand, coal, etc.