Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: E??D?
- (v. t.) To break or dash in pieces; to demolish; as, to elide the force of an argument.
- (v. t.) To cut off, as a vowel or a syllable, usually the final one; to subject to elision.
- (v. t.) To avoid slyly, by artifice, stratagem, or dexterity; to escape from in a covert manner; to mock by an unexpected escape; to baffle; as, to elude an officer; to elude detection, inquiry, search, comprehension; to elude the force of an argument or a blow.
- (pl.) of Emyd
- (v. t.) To clear of knots; to make clear.
- (n.) The after song; the part of a lyric ode which follows the strophe and antistrophe, -- the ancient ode being divided into strophe, antistrophe, and epode.
- (n.) A species of lyric poem, invented by Archilochus, in which a longer verse is followed by a shorter one; as, the Epodes of Horace. It does not include the elegiac distich.
- (v. t.) To eat into or away; to corrode; as, canker erodes the flesh.
- (n.) A composition in the fine arts which is intended, or may serve, for a study.
- (n.) A study; an exercise; a piece for practice of some special point of technical execution.
- (v. t.) To get away from by artifice; to avoid by dexterity, subterfuge, address, or ingenuity; to elude; to escape from cleverly; as, to evade a blow, a pursuer, a punishment; to evade the force of an argument.
- (v. t.) To escape; to slip away; -- sometimes with from.
- (v. t.) To attempt to escape; to practice artifice or sophistry, for the purpose of eluding.
- (n.) Departure; exodus; esp., the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
- (n.) The final chorus; the catastrophe.
- (n.) An afterpiece of a comic description, either a farce or a travesty.
- (n.) Exodus; withdrawal.
- (v. i.) To flow from a body through the pores, or by a natural discharge, as juice.
- (v. t.) To discharge through pores or incisions, as moisture or other liquid matter; to give out.