- Undergo or be subjected to; "He suffered the penalty"; "Many saints suffered martyrdom"
- Continue to live through hardship or adversity; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?"
- Continue to exist; "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
- Persist for a specified period of time; "The bad weather lasted for three days"
- Last and be usable; "This dress wore well for almost ten years"
- Face and withstand with courage; "She braved the elements"