Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: E?E?
- (n.) The garden where Adam and Eve first dwelt; hence, a delightful region or residence.
- (a.) Alt. of Egre
- (n.) An impetuous flood; a bore. See Eagre.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Eke
- (n.) Alt. of Emew
- (n.) See Emu.
- A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade
- (n.) See Epencephalon.
- (a.) Level, smooth, or equal in surface; not rough; free from irregularities; hence uniform in rate of motion of action; as, even ground; an even speed; an even course of conduct.
- (a.) Equable; not easily ruffed or disturbed; calm; uniformly self-possessed; as, an even temper.
- (a.) Parallel; on a level; reaching the same limit.
- (a.) Balanced; adjusted; fair; equitable; impartial; just to both side; owing nothing on either side; -- said of accounts, bargains, or persons indebted; as, our accounts are even; an even bargain.
- (a.) Without an irregularity, flaw, or blemish; pure.
- (a.) Associate; fellow; of the same condition.
- (a.) Not odd; capable of division by two without a remainder; -- said of numbers; as, 4 and 10 are even numbers.
- (a.) In an equal or precisely similar manner; equally; precisely; just; likewise; as well.
- (a.) Up to, or down to, an unusual measure or level; so much as; fully; quite.
- (a.) As might not be expected; -- serving to introduce what is unexpected or less expected.
- (a.) At the very time; in the very case.
- (n.) Evening. See Eve, n. 1.
- (v. i.) To be equal.
- (v. t.) To make even or level; to level; to lay smooth.
- (v. t.) To equal
- (v. t.) To place in an equal state, as to obligation, or in a state in which nothing is due on either side; to balance, as accounts; to make quits.
- (v. t.) To set right; to complete.
- (v. t.) To act up to; to keep pace with.
- (adv.) At any time; at any period or point of time.
- (adv.) At all times; through all time; always; forever.
- (adv.) Without cessation; continually.
- (n.) The common newt or eft. In America often applied to several species of aquatic salamanders.
- (n.) A kind of widemouthed pitcher or jug; esp., one used to hold water for the toilet.
- Female sheep
- A Kwa language spoken by the Ewe in Ghana and Togo and Benin
- A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana
- The 24th letter of the Roman alphabet
- A woman who was formerly a particular man's wife; "all his exes live in Texas"
- A man who was formerly a certain woman's husband
- (a.) Heaving (such or so many) eyes; -- used in composition; as sharp-eyed; dull-eyed; sad-eyed; ox-eyed Juno; myriad-eyed.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Eye
- (n.) Plural of eye; -- now obsolete, or used only in poetry.
- (n. pl.) Eyes.
- (n.) One who eyes another.
- Attention to what is seen; "he tried to catch her eye"
- An area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm"
- Opinion or judgment; "in the eyes of the law"; "I was wrong in her eyes"
- Look at
- A small hole or loop (as in a needle); "the thread wouldn't go through the eye"
- The organ of sight
- Good discernment (either visually or as if visually); "she has an eye for fresh talent"; "he has an artist's eye"
- (n.) An island. See Eyot.
LOAD MORE RESULTS