Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Crossword Solver Solutions for: E?E??
- (n.) Same as oedema.
- (a.) See Aegean.
- (v. t.) To cast or throw out; to void, as excrement; to excrete, as the indigestible matter of the food; in an extended sense, to excrete by the lungs, skin, or kidneys.
- (v. t.) To expel; to dismiss; to cast forth; to thrust or drive out; to discharge; as, to eject a person from a room; to eject a traitor from the country; to eject words from the language.
- (v. t.) To cast out; to evict; to dispossess; as, to eject tenants from an estate.
- (a.) Chosen; taken by preference from among two or more.
- (a.) Chosen as the object of mercy or divine favor; set apart to eternal life.
- (a.) Chosen to an office, but not yet actually inducted into it; as, bishop elect; governor or mayor elect.
- (n.) One chosen or set apart.
- (n.) Those who are chosen for salvation.
- (v. t.) To pick out; to select; to choose.
- (v. t.) To select or take for an office; to select by vote; as, to elect a representative, a president, or a governor.
- (v. t.) To designate, choose, or select, as an object of mercy or favor.
- (n.) A mournful or plaintive poem; a funereal song; a poem of lamentation.
- (n.) A fragrant gum resin obtained chiefly from tropical trees of the genera Amyris and Canarium. A. elemifera yields Mexican elemi; C. commune, the Manila elemi. It is used in the manufacture of varnishes, also in ointments and plasters.
- Given female christian name
- (n.) A pupil; a student.
- (n.) Same as Emir.
- (n.) An Arabian military commander, independent chieftain, or ruler of a province; also, an honorary title given to the descendants of Mohammed, in the line of his daughter Fatima; among the Turks, likewise, a title of dignity, given to certain high officials.
- (v. t.) To purge of faults; to make better; to correct; esp., to make corrections in (a literary work); to alter for the better by textual criticism, generally verbal.
- (n.) Corundum in the form of grains or powder, used in the arts for grinding and polishing hard substances. Native emery is mixed with more or less magnetic iron. See the Note under Corundum.
- (n.) Same as Aeneid.
- (n.) An injection, or clyster, thrown into the rectum as a medicine, or to impart nourishment.
- (a.) Hostile; inimical.
- (n.) One hostile to another; one who hates, and desires or attempts the injury of, another; a foe; an adversary; as, an enemy of or to a person; an enemy to truth, or to falsehood.
- A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade
- (a.) Upright, or having a vertical position; not inverted; not leaning or bent; not prone; as, to stand erect.
- (a.) Directed upward; raised; uplifted.
- (a.) Bold; confident; free from depression; undismayed.
- (a.) Watchful; alert.
- (a.) Standing upright, with reference to the earth's surface, or to the surface to which it is attached.
- (a.) Elevated, as the tips of wings, heads of serpents, etc.
- (v. i.) To rise upright.
- (v. t.) To raise and place in an upright or perpendicular position; to set upright; to raise; as, to erect a pole, a flagstaff, a monument, etc.
- (v. t.) To raise, as a building; to build; to construct; as, to erect a house or a fort; to set up; to put together the component parts of, as of a machine.
- (v. t.) To lift up; to elevate; to exalt; to magnify.
- (v. t.) To animate; to encourage; to cheer.
- (v. t.) To set up as an assertion or consequence from premises, or the like.
- (v. t.) To set up or establish; to found; to form; to institute.
- (a.) Alt. of Eterne
- (v. i.) To happen.
- The latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall); "he enjoyed the evening light across the lake"
- Make even or more even
- Odds of one to one
- Become even or more even; "even out the surface"
- Make level or straight; "level the ground"
- (n.) That which comes, arrives, or happens; that which falls out; any incident, good or bad.
- (n.) An affair in hand; business; enterprise.
- (n.) The consequence of anything; the issue; conclusion; result; that in which an action, operation, or series of operations, terminates.
- (v. t.) To break forth.
- (v. t.) To overthrow; to subvert.
- (v. t.) To turn outwards, or inside out, as an intestine.
- (a. & a. pron.) All the parts which compose a whole collection or aggregate number, considered in their individuality, all taken separately one by one, out of an indefinite bumber.
- (a. & a. pron.) Every one. Cf.