- (n.) A sound reflected from an opposing surface and repeated to the ear of a listener; repercussion of sound; repetition of a sound.
- (n.) Fig.: Sympathetic recognition; response; answer.
- (n.) A wood or mountain nymph, regarded as repeating, and causing the reverberation of them.
- (n.) A nymph, the daughter of Air and Earth, who, for love of Narcissus, pined away until nothing was left of her but her voice.
- (v. i.) To give an echo; to resound; to be sounded back; as, the hall echoed with acclamations.
- (v. t.) To send back (a sound); to repeat in sound; to reverberate.
- (v. t.) To repeat with assent; to respond; to adopt.