Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: EAR???
- (n.) A cap or cover to protect the ear from cold.
- An outpouring of gossip
- A severe scolding
- (n.) A line used to fasten the upper corners of a sail to the yard or gaff; -- also called head earing.
- (n.) A line for hauling the reef cringle to the yard; -- also called reef earing.
- (n.) A line fastening the corners of an awning to the rigging or stanchions.
- (n.) Coming into ear, as corn.
- (n.) A plowing of land.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ear
- (n.) The lobe of the ear.
- (n.) An earring.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Earn
- Someone who earn wages in return for their labor
- The solid part of the earth's surface; "the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land"; "the earth shook for several minutes"; "he dropped the logs on the ground"
- The loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface; "they dug into the earth outside the church"
- Once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- Connect to the earth; "earth the circuit"
- Hide in the earth like a hunted animal
- A connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
- The concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife; "they consider the church to be independent of the world"
- The abode of mortals (as contrasted with Heaven or Hell); "it was hell on earth"
- The 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on; "the Earth moves around the sun"; "he sailed around the world"
- (a.) Consisting of, or resembling, earth; terrene; earthlike; as, earthy matter.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the earth or to, this world; earthly; terrestrial; carnal.
- (a.) Gross; low; unrefined.
- (a.) Without luster, or dull and roughish to the touch; as, an earthy fracture.
- (n.) See Cerumen.
- (n.) Any insect of the genus Forticula and related genera, belonging to the order Euplexoptera.
- (n.) In America, any small chilopodous myriapod, esp. of the genus Geophilus.
- (n.) A whisperer of insinuations; a secret counselor.
- (v. t.) To influence, or attempt to influence, by whispered insinuations or private talk.