- (a.) Pertaining to the household; domestic.
- (a.) Relating to domestic economy, or to the management of household affairs.
- (a.) Managing with frugality; guarding against waste or unnecessary expense; careful and frugal in management and in expenditure; -- said of character or habits.
- (a.) Managed with frugality; not marked with waste or extravagance; frugal; -- said of acts; saving; as, an economical use of money or of time.
- (a.) Relating to the means of living, or the resources and wealth of a country; relating to political economy; as, economic purposes; economical truths.
- (a.) Regulative; relating to the adaptation of means to an end.