- A contorted facial expression; "she made a grimace at the prospect"
- A surface forming part of the outside of an object; "he examined all sides of the crystal"; "dew dripped from the face of the leaf"
- A part of a person that is used to refer to a person; "he looked out at a roomful of faces"; "when he returned to work he met many new faces"
- Deal with (something unpleasant) head on; "You must confront your problems"; "He faced the terrible consequences of his mistakes"
- A vertical surface of a building or cliff
- Present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize; "We confronted him with the evidence"; "He was faced with all the evidence and could no longer deny his actions"; "An enormous dilemma faces us"
- The side upon which the use of a thing depends (usually the most prominent surface of an object); "he dealt the cards face down"
- Oppose, as in hostility or a competition; "You must confront your opponent";