Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: F??RE
- (n.) A consort, husband or wife; a companion; a fere.
- (a. & adv.) Alt. of Ferrer
- (n.) A fair or market.
- A tough vegetable fiber used as a substitute for bristles in making brushes. The piassava and the ixtle are both used under this name.
- (n.) One of the delicate, threadlike portions of which the tissues of plants and animals are in part constituted; as, the fiber of flax or of muscle.
- (n.) Any fine, slender thread, or threadlike substance; as, a fiber of spun glass; especially, one of the slender rootlets of a plant.
- (n.) Sinew; strength; toughness; as, a man of real fiber.
- (n.) A general name for the raw material, such as cotton, flax, hemp, etc., used in textile manufactures.
- (n.) An unsteady, broad, offensive light.
- (n.) A spreading outward; as, the flare of a fireplace.
- (n.) Leaf of lard.
- (v. i.) To burn with an unsteady or waving flame; as, the candle flares.
- (v. i.) To shine out with a sudden and unsteady light; to emit a dazzling or painfully bright light.
- (v. i.) To shine out with gaudy colors; to flaunt; to be offensively bright or showy.
- (v. i.) To be exposed to too much light.
- (v. i.) To open or spread outwards; to project beyond the perpendicular; as, the sides of a bowl flare; the bows of a ship flare.
- (n.) A friar.
- (adv.) Frostily.