Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: G????
- Full of trivial conversation; "kept from her housework by gabby neighbors"
- (n.) A rent, service, tribute, custom, tax, impost, or duty; an excise.
- (n.) A cable.
- (n.) The vertical triangular portion of the end of a building, from the level of the cornice or eaves to the ridge of the roof. Also, a similar end when not triangular in shape, as of a gambrel roof and the like.
- (n.) The end wall of a building, as distinguished from the front or rear side.
- (n.) A decorative member having the shape of a triangular gable, such as that above a Gothic arch in a doorway.
- A republic on the west coast of Africa
- (a.) Pertaining to, or derived from, the cod (Gadus); -- applied to an acid obtained from cod-liver oil, viz., gadic acid.
- (v. t. & i.) To gather.
- A socially awkward or tactless act
- An iron hook with a handle; used for landing large fish
- A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail
- A sharp metal spike or spur that is fastened to the leg of a gamecock
- (imp. & p. p.) of Gage
- (n.) A measurer. See Gauger.
- (adv.) Merrily; showily. See gaily.
- Increase (one's body weight); "She gained 20 pounds when she stopped exercising"
- Increase or develop; "the peace movement gained momentum"; "the car gathers speed"
- Rise in rate or price; "The stock market gained 24 points today"
- Obtain advantages, such as points, etc.; "The home team was gaining ground"; "After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"
- Reach a destination, either real or abstract;
- Win something through one's efforts; "I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"; "Gain an understanding of international finance"
- The amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input
- Earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He c
- A person's manner of walking
- A horse's manner of moving
- The rate of moving (especially walking or running)
- Roman Emperor who succeeded Tiberius and whose uncontrolled passions resulted in manifest insanity; noted for his cruelty and tyranny; was assassinated (12-41)
- Australian cockatoo
- A gay festivity
- Servius Sulpicius 3 b.c.-a.d. 69. Emperor of Rome (68-69) who was assassinated after naming an unpopular successor. n (Biographies / Galba, Servius Sulpicius (death date: 69), Roman, POLITICS: hereditary ruler) Servius Sulpicius (ˈsɜːvɪəs sʌ
- (n.) The upper lip or helmet-shaped part of a labiate flower.
- (n.) A kind of bandage for the head.
- (n.) Headache extending all over the head.
- (n.) A genus of fossil echini, having a vaulted, helmet-shaped shell.
- (n.) The anterior, outer process of the second joint of the maxillae in certain insects.
- (n. pl.) That division of elasmobranch fishes which includes the sharks.
- Greek anatomist whose theories formed the basis of European medicine until the Renaissance (circa 130-200)
- A strong wind moving 45-90 knots; force 7 to 10 on Beaufort scale
LOAD MORE RESULTS