- (a.) Showy; splendid; magnificent; gay; well-dressed.
- (a.) Noble in bearing or spirit; brave; high-spirited; courageous; heroic; magnanimous; as, a gallant youth; a gallant officer.
- (a.) Polite and attentive to ladies; courteous to women; chivalrous.
- (n.) A man of mettle or spirit; a gay; fashionable man; a young blood.
- (n.) One fond of paying attention to ladies.
- (n.) One who wooes; a lover; a suitor; in a bad sense, a seducer.
- (v. t.) To attend or wait on, as a lady; as, to gallant ladies to the play.
- (v. t.) To handle with grace or in a modish manner; as, to gallant a fan.