Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: GEN???
- (n.) Kind; sort.
- (n.) Sex, male or female.
- (n.) A classification of nouns, primarily according to sex; and secondarily according to some fancied or imputed quality associated with sex.
- (n.) To beget; to engender.
- (v. i.) To copulate; to breed.
- (n. pl.) See Genus.
- (pl.) of Genus
- Agile Old World viverrine having a spotted coat and long ringed tail
- French writer of novels and dramas for the theater of the absurd (1910-1986)
- French diplomat who in 1793 tried to draw the United States into the war between France and England (1763-1834)
- (n.) The chief city of Switzerland.
- (n.) A strongly alcoholic liquor, flavored with juniper berries; -- made in Holland; Holland gin; Hollands.
- (a.) Same as Genian.
- (a.) Contributing to, or concerned in, propagation or production; generative; procreative; productive.
- (a.) Contributing to, and sympathizing with, the enjoyment of life; sympathetically cheerful and cheering; jovial and inspiring joy or happiness; exciting pleasure and sympathy; enlivening; kindly; as, she was of a cheerful and genial disposition.
- (a.) Belonging to one's genius or natural character; native; natural; inborn.
- (a.) Denoting or marked with genius; belonging to the higher nature.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the chin; mental; as, the genian prominence.
- (Islam) an invisible spirit mentioned in the Koran and believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals
- Round one-inch Caribbean fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp; eaten like grapes
- Tropical American tree bearing a small edible fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp
- (n.) A good or evil spirit, or demon, supposed by the ancients to preside over a man's destiny in life; a tutelary deity; a supernatural being; a spirit, good or bad. Cf. Jinnee.
- (n.) The peculiar structure of mind with whoch each individual is endowed by nature; that disposition or aptitude of mind which is peculiar to each man, and which qualifies him for certain kinds of action or special success in any pursuit; special taste, inclination, or disposition; as, a genius for history, for poetry, or painting.
- (n.) Peculiar character; animating spirit, as of a nation, a religion, a language.
- (n.) Distinguished mental superiority; uncommon intellectual power; especially, superior power of invention or origination of any kind, or of forming new combinations; as, a man of genius.
- (n.) A man endowed with uncommon vigor of mind; a man of superior intellectual faculties; as, Shakespeare was a rare genius.
- The ordering of genes in a haploid set of chromosomes of a particular organism; the full DNA sequence of an organism; "the human genome contains approximately three billion chemical base pairs"
- A seaport in northwestern Italy; provincial capital of Liguria
- A class of art (or artistic endeavor) having a characteristic form or technique
- A kind of literary or artistic work
- An expressive style of music
- A style of expressing yourself in writing
- (pl.) of Gens
- (a. & n.) Gentle.
- (n.) One well born; a gentleman.
- (n.) A trained falcon. See Falcon-gentil.
- (n.) A dipterous larva used as fish bait.
- (superl.) Well-born; of a good family or respectable birth, though not noble.
- (superl.) Quiet and refined in manners; not rough, harsh, or stern; mild; meek; bland; amiable; tender; as, a gentle nature, temper, or disposition; a gentle manner; a gentle address; a gentle voice.
- (superl.) A compellative of respect, consideration, or conciliation; as, gentle reader.
- (superl.) Not wild, turbulent, or refractory; quiet and docile; tame; peaceable; as, a gentle horse.
- (superl.) Soft; not violent or rough; not strong, loud, or disturbing; easy; soothing; pacific; as, a gentle touch; a gentle gallop .
- (v. t.) To make genteel; to raise from the vulgar; to ennoble.
- (v. t.) To make smooth, cozy, or agreeable.
- (v. t.) To make kind and docile, as a horse.
- (adv.) In a gentle manner.
- (n.) A native of Hindostan; a Hindoo.
- (a.) Birth; condition; rank by birth.
- (a.) People of education and good breeding; in England, in a restricted sense, those between the nobility and the yeomanry.
- (a.) Courtesy; civility; complaisance.