- Get hold of or seize quickly and easily; "I snapped up all the good buys during the garage sale"
- Obtain illegally or unscrupulously; "Grab power"
- A mechanical device for gripping an object
- Capture the attention or imagination of; "This story will grab you"; "The movie seized my imagination"
- Take or grasp suddenly; "She grabbed the child's hand and ran out of the room"
- Take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of; "Catch the ball!"; "Grab the elevator door!"
- Make a grasping or snatching motion with the hand; "The passenger grabbed for the oxygen mask"