Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: H?I?
- (n.) A large piece of woolen or cotton cloth worn by Arabs as an outer garment.
- (a.) Healthy. See Hale (the preferable spelling).
- (n.) Small roundish masses of ice precipitated from the clouds, where they are formed by the congelation of vapor. The separate masses or grains are called hailstones.
- (n.) A wish of health; a salutation; a loud call.
- (v. i.) To pour down particles of ice, or frozen vapors.
- (v. i.) To declare, by hailing, the port from which a vessel sails or where she is registered; hence, to sail; to come; -- used with from; as, the steamer hails from New York.
- (v. i.) To report as one's home or the place from whence one comes; to come; -- with from.
- (v. t.) To pour forcibly down, as hail.
- (v. t.) To call loudly to, or after; to accost; to salute; to address.
- (v. t.) To name; to designate; to call.
- (v. t.) An exclamation of respectful or reverent salutation, or, occasionally, of familiar greeting.
- (n.) The collection or mass of filaments growing from the skin of an animal, and forming a covering for a part of the head or for any part or the whole of the body.
- (n.) One the above-mentioned filaments, consisting, in invertebrate animals, of a long, tubular part which is free and flexible, and a bulbous root imbedded in the skin.
- (n.) Hair (human or animal) used for various purposes; as, hair for stuffing cushions.
- (n.) A slender outgrowth from the chitinous cuticle of insects, spiders, crustaceans, and other invertebrates. Such hairs are totally unlike those of vertebrates in structure, composition, and mode of growth.
- (n.) An outgrowth of the epidermis, consisting of one or of several cells, whether pointed, hooked, knobbed, or stellated. Internal hairs occur in the flower stalk of the yellow frog lily (Nuphar).
- (n.) A spring device used in a hair-trigger firearm.
- (n.) A haircloth.
- (n.) Any very small distance, or degree; a hairbreadth.
- (n.) One who inherits, or is entitled to succeed to the possession of, any property after the death of its owner; one on whom the law bestows the title or property of another at the death of the latter.
- (n.) One who receives any endowment from an ancestor or relation; as, the heir of one's reputation or virtues.
- (v. t.) To inherit; to succeed to.
- (v. i.) To leap; to caper; to romp noisily.