Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Crossword Solutions for: I?????T?R
- (a.) Applied to those actions, or muscular movements, which are automatic expressions of dominant ideas, rather than the result of distinct volitional efforts, as the act of expressing the thoughts in speech, or in writing, while the mind is occupied in the composition of the sentence.
- (n.) One who offers in sacrifice; specifically, one of a sect of Russian fanatics who practice self-mutilatio and sacrifice.
- (n.) One who holds the doctrine of impanation.
- (n.) A commander; a leader; an emperor; -- originally an appellation of honor by which Roman soldiers saluted their general after an important victory. Subsequently the title was conferred as a recognition of great military achievements by the senate, whence it carried wiht it some special privileges. After the downfall of the Republic it was assumed by Augustus and his successors, and came to have the meaning now attached to the word emperor.
- (n.) That which incubates, especially, an apparatus by means of which eggs are hatched by artificial heat.
- (n.) A searcher; an explorer; an investigator.
- (n.) One who, or that which, shows or points out; as, a fare indicator in a street car.
- (n.) A pressure gauge; a water gauge, as for a steam boiler; an apparatus or instrument for showing the working of a machine or moving part
- (n.) An instrument which draws a diagram showing the varying pressure in the cylinder of an engine or pump at every point of the stroke. It consists of a small cylinder communicating with the engine cylinder and fitted with a piston which the varying pressure drives upward more or less against the resistance of a spring. A lever imparts motion to a pencil which traces the diagram on a card wrapped around a vertical drum which is turned back and forth by a string connected with the piston rod of the engine. See Indicator card (below).
- (n.) A telltale connected with a hoisting machine, to show, at the surface, the position of the cage in the shaft of a mine, etc.
- (n.) The part of an instrument by which an effect is indicated, as an index or pointer.
- (n.) Any bird of the genus Indicator and allied genera. See Honey guide, under Honey.
- (n.) That which indicates the condition of acidity, alkalinity, or the deficiency, excess, or sufficiency of a standard reagent, by causing an appearance, disappearance, or change of color, as in titration or volumetric analysis.
- (n.) One who inflicts.
- (n.) One who infracts or infringes; a violator; a breaker.
- (n.) A person who ingrafts.
- (n.) An inhabitant.
- A dispenser that produces a chemical vapor to be inhaled in order to relieve nasal congestion
- A breathing device for administering long-term artificial respiration
- (n.) One who inherits; an heir.
- (n.) That which causes inhibitory action; esp., an inhibitory nerve.
- (n.) One who initiates.
- (n.) One who innovates.
- (n.) One who inspects, views, or oversees; one to whom the supervision of any work is committed; one who makes an official view or examination, as a military or civil officer; a superintendent; a supervisor; an overseer.
- (a.) Immediately; instantly; at once; as, he left instanter.
- (n.) One who, or that which, insulates.
- (n.) The substance or body that insulates; a nonconductor.