Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: I?A??
- A state in the Rocky Mountains
- (n.) An imitation, representation, or similitude of any person, thing, or act, sculptured, drawn, painted, or otherwise made perceptible to the sight; a visible presentation; a copy; a likeness; an effigy; a picture; a semblance.
- (n.) Hence: The likeness of anything to which worship is paid; an idol.
- (n.) Show; appearance; cast.
- (n.) A representation of anything to the mind; a picture drawn by the fancy; a conception; an idea.
- (n.) A picture, example, or illustration, often taken from sensible objects, and used to illustrate a subject; usually, an extended metaphor.
- (n.) The figure or picture of any object formed at the focus of a lens or mirror, by rays of light from the several points of the object symmetrically refracted or reflected to corresponding points in such focus; this may be received on a screen, a photographic plate, or the retina of the eye, and viewed directly by the eye, or with an eyeglass, as in the telescope and microscope; the likeness of an object formed by reflection; as, to see one's image in a mirror.
- (v. t.) To represent or form an image of; as, the still lake imaged the shore; the mirror imaged her figure.
- (v. t.) To represent to the mental vision; to form a likeness of by the fancy or recollection; to imagine.
- (n.) An image.
- (n.) The final adult, and usually winged, state of an insect. See Illust. of Ant-lion, and Army worm.
- (Islam) the man who leads prayers in a mosque; for Shiites an imam is a recognized authority on Islamic theology and law and a spiritual guide
- (n.) Among the Mohammedans, a minister or priest who performs the regular service of the mosque.
- (n.) A Mohammedan prince who, as a successor of Mohammed, unites in his person supreme spiritual and temporal power.
- (a.) Without contents; empty; void of sense or intelligence; purposeless; pointless; characterless; useless.
- (n.) That which is void or empty.
- (a.) Unapt; not apt; unsuitable; inept.
- (n.) A decree of the Sultan.
- A native or inhabitant of Iran; "the majority of Irani are Persian Shiite Muslims"
- Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture; "Iraqi oil"; "Iraqi refugees"
- A native or inhabitant of Iraq; "the majority of Iraqi are Arab Shiite Muslims although Sunni Muslims control the government"
- (a.) Angry; incensed; enraged.
- (Old Testament) the second patriarch; son of Abraham and Sarah who was offered by Abraham as a sacrifice to God; father of Jacob and Esau
- (n.) An early Latin version of the Scriptures (the Old Testament was translated from the Septuagint, and was also called the Italic version).
- A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula; was the core of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire between the 4th century BC and the 5th century AD
- (n.) A variety of the chamois found in the Pyrenees.