Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: I?I?
- (n.) Any bird of the genus Ibis and several allied genera, of the family Ibidae, inhabiting both the Old World and the New. Numerous species are known. They are large, wading birds, having a long, curved beak, and feed largely on reptiles.
- The upper and widest of the three bones making up the hipbone
- An ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War
- The daughter of Aeneas and Lavinia, who, according to some traditions, was the mother of Romulus and Remus
- (n.) A South American freshwater dolphin (Inia Boliviensis). It is ten or twelve feet long, and has a hairy snout.
- (n.) The goddess of the rainbow, and swift-footed messenger of the gods.
- (n.) The rainbow.
- (n.) An appearance resembling the rainbow; a prismatic play of colors.
- (n.) The contractile membrane perforated by the pupil, and forming the colored portion of the eye. See Eye.
- (n.) A genus of plants having showy flowers and bulbous or tuberous roots, of which the flower-de-luce (fleur-de-lis), orris, and other species of flag are examples. See Illust. of Flower-de-luce.
- (n.) See Fleur-de-lis, 2.
- (n.) The principal goddess worshiped by the Egyptians. She was regarded as the mother of Horus, and the sister and wife of Osiris. The Egyptians adored her as the goddess of fecundity, and as the great benefactress of their country, who instructed their ancestors in the art of agriculture.
- (n.) Any coral of the genus Isis, or family Isidae, composed of joints of white, stony coral, alternating with flexible, horny joints. See Gorgoniacea.
- (n.) One of the asteroids.
- (adv.) Indeed; truly. See Ywis.
- (n.) A South African bulbous plant of the Iris family, remarkable for the brilliancy of its flowers.