- Address, (a work of literature) in a style less formal than a dedication
- Convert ordinary language into code; "We should encode the message for security reasons"
- Mark with one's signature; "The author autographed his book"
- Write, engrave, or print as a lasting record
- Carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
- Draw within a figure so as to touch in as many places as possible
- Register formally as a participant or member; "The party recruited many new members"