- (a.) Less advanced in age than another; younger.
- (a.) Lower in standing or in rank; later in office; as, a junior partner; junior counsel; junior captain.
- (a.) Composed of juniors, whether younger or a lower standing; as, the junior class; of or pertaining to juniors or to a junior class. See Junior, n., 2.
- (n.) Belonging to a younger person, or an earlier time of life.
- (n.) A younger person.
- (n.) Hence: One of a lower or later standing; specifically, in American colleges, one in the third year of his course, one in the fourth or final year being designated a senior; in some seminaries, one in the first year, in others, one in the second year, of a three years' course.